Pottery Market in Bastion Square


Victoria BC has a market down at Bastion Square with gorgeous views and wonderful people touring around from all over the world.  Truly, a dream come true, when you get to be apart of something so exciting.

Four years ago I walked into Clayworks Pottery studio in Edmonton Alberta with a business plan and a goal. What was the plan you ask? Well have a seat and let me tell you.

The plan was that in five years I was going to be on Vancouver Island selling pottery in one of the local markets.  Now working out of a studio called Hands onPottery; little did I know, it was going to be an EPIC adventure of clay, with a side of University and a new community surrounded by my ancestral history, Swampy Cree.

The new or modified plan is to finish a graduate degree, continue to develop my art around my ancestral learning and never stop making Pottery!

All the amazement and wondrous beauty of the island you see in photos and hear stories about I can vouch, IT IS REAL. The trees are huge, the ocean is vast and the creativity flows like honey from an overstuffed beehive.

If you make it out to the island make sure you check out the markets and take in a drive up highway 14 to stop in to China and French beach. You won’t be sorry you did.

For more works by me please see Pottery Cove

No comments:

Post a Comment